< Presents >
- THE BOY WHO CRIED DIREWOLF A print inspired by Game Of Thrones for Bottleneck Gallery in New York 2014 Illustration, Print Design
- SPIRITED AWAY: CARPE DIEM CARPE NOCTEM A glow-in-the-dark screen print inspired by the film "Spirited Away" for Bottleneck Gallery. 2014 Cartooning, Illustration, Print Design
- CECI N'EST PAS UN POISSON A print inspired by the 1984 Splash film for Bottleneck Gallery in New York 2014 Film, Illustration, Print Design
- THE PERSISTENCE OF VOLITION An illustration for a property management company in Eastbourne 2014 Digital Art, Illustration, Print Design
- THE FEAR OF DROWNING An illustration for a property management company in Eastbourne 2013 Digital Art, Illustration, Print Design
- DUH-NUN A print inspired by the 1975 JAWS film for Hero Complex Gallery in Los Angeles 2013 Film, Illustration, Print Design
- GABBY YOUNG & OTHER ANIMALS ALBUM PACKAGING Art Direction and Album Packaging for Gabby Young and Other Animals 2012 Art Direction, Packaging, Product Design
- COLONEL PATTERSON'S FINAL FIGHT A print for the Art V Cancer exhibition in Manchester 2013 Cartooning, Digital Art, Illustration
- 100 STARLINGS RISING A fox and an evacuee find a flock of 100 starlings at sunset 2013 Cartooning, Character Design, Illustration
- THE FOX & THE LOST SOLDIER A lost soldier meets a red fox in the snow 2013 Character Design, Digital Art, Illustration
- TONGUE-TIED An illustration created using a parametric script 2013 Digital Art, Illustration, Pattern Design
- KALEIDOSCOPIC A print inspired by the abstract patterns created by kaleidoscopes 2013 Digital Art, Graphic Design, Illustration
- SWEET SURRENDER Confectionary inspired art print for the Beatbox & Sun fundraising exhibition in London, UK 2013 Cartooning, Illustration, Typography
- IMOGEN HEAP ELLIPSE ALBUM Imogen Heap Ellipse Album Promo and Logo 2011 Packaging, Product Design, Design
- KAWAII DESU FONT "KaWaii Desu Font" is a commission for Digital Artist Magazine, Issue 23, August 2011 2011 Typography, Origami, Illustration
- SCHADENFREUDE A House For a Grieving Child 2011 Architecture, Creative Direction, Digital Imaging
- I FELL IN LOVE WITH A FOX A private commission inspired by Victorian calligraphy 2011 Typography, Illustration, Graphic Design
A.H.A. Design Ltd is a multidisciplinary design studio that specialises in architecture, product design and graphic design. If we sound vertiginously eclectic, we really don’t mean to be. We are just adamant, if not positively evangelical, that a creative vision transcends the media it is created it. We take our inspiration from Charles and Ray Eames who set the design world alight in the 1950’s and 60’s, designing buildings and furniture as well as working in the fields of graphic design and fashion. Somewhere along the line, design and creativity became compartmentalised. We intend to change that.
A.H.A. Design Ltd was established by Andy Hau with the intention of creating a more tailored design experience that offers a closer collaboration with our clients, who are involved from concept stage through to delivery. In a short time since our inception, we have already worked with some high profile clients including Imogen Heap, Photoshop Creative, Hero Complex Gallery, Bottleneck Gallery, as well as the band Gabby Young And Other Animals, whose 2012 album “The Band Called Out For More” won the accolade of being named “this year’s most beautifully designed CD packaging” by the Financial Times.
We are inspired by the emotion and experience created from design, from the largest of buildings to the smallest of logos. Our design solutions are sometimes slightly left-of-centre, often drawing ideas from the past and splicing them with cutting edge technology, giving our projects a highly bespoke personality that not only fulfils the brief, but exceeds it.
In all of our projects, big or small – we strive for that AHA moment where aesthetics, function and originality start to align. A great deal of research goes into our designs to ensure that our designs are not only beautiful but also meaningful. Above everything else, we believe that all design, from its inception to the final product should have an element of joy about it. After all, design is an escape from the futility of modern life, not an endorsement of it.
“Andy Hau is one of those rare designers that strike the perfect balance between meeting the given brief perfectly and going beyond it to add extra depth, resonance and creativity. As well as an architect he's an accomplished illustrator, graphic designer, typographer and writer whose work sparkles with intelligence and wit. I've commissioned him numerous times and he is always an absolute pleasure to work with.”
Editor of Photoshop Creative.
"Andy is an absolute genius. I love working with him, I can trust him with any design brief and know that he will far surpass my expectations. As an independent singer/songwriter it is vital for me to collaborate with creatives that are sensitive to and get the most out of my music which Andy does with flair and imagination. I couldn't recommend him highly enough and can't wait to work together on many more projects!"
For all enquiries or if you just want to say hello, please contact us here:
A: 31-33 College Road
T: +44 7730 307800